Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Webster's Goodies

I got a chance to sit down yesterday, pull out all of my Webster's goodies and just play. I love these papers. They are so me! And the new trim is just wonderful, too!
I did this first layout for Iris' challenge. There's still a few days to head over to Inspire Me and play. The details are HERE.

Anyway, we had to say goodbye to our trusted car seat. Ryan was really sad to see it go. So, I thought I'd do a page about it. (He's really glad I did it. ;) ) I added a Creative Imaginations transparency to the focal pic and along the bottom of the other one.




Here's the journaling: For 7 days a week, five years and 2 months, you carried my sweet boy. I always felt safe knowing that you were cradling him as we drove down the highways of life. All of the research I did before I selected you certainly paid off. Thank you for a job well done. Ryan is too big for you now. The booster seat has taken your place. But fear not, you will always be remembered.

I also made a couple of cards. This first one uses a fun vintage image I got at Emma's. They are made by a company called B.Shackman and come in sheets. Lots of fun themes. I love how it went with the Webster's papers.



This last one is a little mini card. I hand cut some flowers and added the Melissa Frances resin flourish and the trim.




Finally, it's my day at the MMM Blog. I posted some photos and ideas for journaling.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

14 comments:

Kimberly said...

Another fabulous post. I would love a sheet of those goodies! Simply love the vintage feel.

Lisa Dorsey said...

Gorgeous work girl! Love what you did with the Websters and the flowers!

Chrys said...

gorgeous work!!!! very inspiring!

Renee Lamb said...

ooh, love all your creations today! I am totally in love with the car seat layout! what a great idea and a great way to treasure that memory for your son!

Leslie Ashe said...

YUM Anabelle!!! Your creations are nothing short of DELICIOUS!!!! I love the shabby ness :) Gorgeous work girl!!

I hope you're having a great week!
HUGS!
Leslie

Tammy said...

beautiful work.Your car seat page is adorable.

Happay Mommay aka Happay Scrappay said...

your work is so unbelievably gorgeous!

Sherry Wright said...

What a gorgeous layout and cool subject. The baby card is so unique and the mini-card is beautiful. ;)

Summer Fullerton said...

ohhh Anabelle the Webster's papers really fit your style the layout is lovely.

Unknown said...

I love your creations, thanks a lot for your message on my blog !

Audrey Pettit said...

What beautiful, soft, and elegant projects you always make with the Webster's goodies, Anabelle! I love your ode to the carseat page! Your use of part of the calendar paper on there was just brilliant. And both your cards are wonderful. Love the resin piece and that vintage little girl as additions.

Sue said...

Wow love all your cards and projects, really lovely

Regan said...

love the layout- the card is super cute too!!

SewSuzySew said...

Beautiful and I love that Resin Flourish!

Thanks for popping by and your lovely comments!
Suze x