Thursday, October 13, 2011

Loving the Nook!

Wow, this week has definitely flown by! Only one more day until the weekend. I'm so excited. Wish we were going camping, but we have lots of fun things to do here, so we'll have to wait on that trip.

I have a couple of things to share today. I've been spending a lot of time over at My Scrapbook Nook kit club. The kits are awesome, but the best part is the community. So many people who's work I love! There's always so much inspiration and the challenges and contests are awesome! And the best part? No drama!! LOL

This first card is one that I did for one of the challenges there.


It uses flowers from one of my favorite OA papers. LOVE them. I also used some American Crafts papers on here, too. I've been really loving AC lately!

The inspiration from this card came from this picture.



Isnt' it awesome? Jessy Christopher posted it as an inspiration.

I think this is my favorite color combo in the world! I topped off the card with those OA flowers and a tagged stamped with a Papertrey stamp.



This is another card that I made for a challenge at My Scrapbook Nook.

Here's the inspiration picture:



Dont' you love all of that yellow, grey and black???

And here's the card I made to go with it. I used some My Mind's Eye paper and cut the bracket out. Then I sewed it, along with some chipboard, to create the fold of the card so that the grey paper is the inside.





If you are looking for a great community and a wonderful kit, I totally recommend the Nook. Here's the October kit. Droooool!!!



Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome day!

6 comments:

Debbie said...

SUCH beautiful cards, my sweet and shabby friend! WOW!!! Absolutely stunning :)

Deanna said...

Aww! Thanks for the shout out Anabelle! We love that you're there too! Oh--and you forgot to mention that you're Cardie of the Month because of all your wonderful inspiration too! ;)

cnelson said...

YOU are soooooooo TALENTED! I just ADORE these cards!!!

Anonymous said...

These cards are absolutely stunning!!!

Kalyn said...

Ahh I also love those OA flowers too! Both are gorgeous cards!!!

Romy said...

Oh my, your both cards are just gorgeous! There's not one piece of paper that you can't do wonders with!