Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Couple of Crate Projects

Well, looks like Summer is officially here. And it's arrived with a vengeance. It's going to be 100 degrees today - YIKES!

I have to say, I've been feeling like it's been summer for a while, since we were in Florida last week. We got a head start. I'll be scrapping my pictures for a while for sure. Here is the first one that I did. It's my friend Amanda and me floating around in the Gulf. Yes, it WAS pure heaven. :)

 I made this for the CP blog's Creative Weekly for June. The challenge was to use yellow. I LOVE yellow, so it was definitely a fun task. Stop by the CP blog here, leave a comment and you could win a collection of yellow Crate goodies!
 I cut the background sun rays with my Silhouette and added some twine to the edges to give it even more texture. As you know, I'm loving the 8.5 by 11 pages right now and this one is a new favorite for sure!

This next project is a Memory File I created. I made 12 envelopes so that I could record all of the memories from Ryan's first year.
 I added a photo of him at each age on the front of the envelopes and placed a card with the information on the inside.
 Creating this project was such a walk down memory lane. I can't believe this sweet little baby is 9 already.
(He's still my baby, though. ;) )


If you'd like instructions on how I did the whole thing the tutorial is HERE on the CP blog.

Hope you enjoyed my projects today. Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day. :)

8 comments:

Romy said...

Your layout is so beautiful! I love the rays of sunshine that you made of paper: they make your layout look so summery. And the memory box for Ryan's baby photos looks so cute too. Just love that collection!

Patricia Roebuck said...

OMG, these are both amazing! I could just loom at that beautiful, happy sunburst LO all day. And then that baby file!! I saw it was the feature yesterday at 2 peas! Congrats! This is so inspiring!

Ella Swan said...

Great job Anabelle! Both of these projects rock!!

Anonymous said...

You Anabelle are one talented crafter! I LOVE everything you make :-)

cnelson said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOOOOOVE these FANTABULOUS projects!!!

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such gorgeous projects! I adore your layout and the mini book is so much fun! :)

Saby said...

joli bébé et un bel album !!
pretty baby and beuatiful layout !!!

Takyrahrws said...

Such gorgeous projects! I adore your layout and the mini book is so much fun! :)