Saturday, June 23, 2012

Wave Runners

Well, as I mentioned in one of my posts recently, I am loving doing 8.5 by 11 layouts lately! They are so much fun. I have two more to share with you today.

This first one is a lift of a page by Jen Gallacher, Webster's GDT for July.  I just love Jen's style and had so much fun doing this page.

 The story behind it is that one day Ryan and my niece were playing with a huge box that a hot water heater had come in. They played inside of it, then used it like a sled to ride down the stairs. Then, when it was falling apart, they cut it up and made themselves into 'robots'. It's amazing how we spend so much money on toys and electronics when all these kids need is a good box!
 I used the Unity background stamp here on a couple of the banners. The paper is from the Girl Land collection.
 And I embellished one of the journaling cards to make the title.

This next page is about another fun Florida memory. We rented wave runners! I had never been on one before. It was a blast. :) Palm Beach was the perfect line to use on this page.
 My Silhouette got a work out on this page. I cut the title and backed it with paper strips. I also cut those fun flowers.
 And see the shells? I found them on the beach and thought they would be cute on here!
Hope you're having a great weekend! Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Romy said...

Your both layouts are simply beautiful. You do 8,5x11 so well!

danni reid. said...

absolutely gorgeous, both of them sweet anabelle♥

Lilith Eeckels said...

I love both. Really love the 8.5*11!

Patty O'Malley said...

Awesome layouts! Love the cutout titles.

Danielle Flanders said...

gorgeous!!