Friday, January 24, 2014

Ski Bums, Barking Dogs and Keeping Track of my PL Photos

Happy Friday! Although, I can't really complain about this week. We were off for MLK Day on Monday, had a half day because of the snow on Tuesday, were off for a snow day on Wednesday and the kids at my school have a half day today. Luckily the week has been so easy, because we have a killer busy weekend coming up.

I thought I'd share my FF designs for the week. I know some of my scrapping/cardmaking friends wonder why I bother decorating my planner. I have to admit I scratched my head a bit when I first noticed this trend. So, here are my reasons:

1. It's fun! (ok, that's kind of lame, but it's true.)
2. I can put a dent into the many supplies I already have.
3. It gives me the chance to channel my inner 'cuteness'. For example, I probably wouldn't use cute Japanese bear stickers or Hello Kitty on my scrapbook pages, but they are perfect in my FF.
4. It makes me want to open up my planner and use it. I can't stand looking at boring pages.
5. Decorating my pages is kind of mindless... I sit with  my cup of coffee on Sundays and go for it. I don't have to plan my design, print pictures, etc.
6. I love the FF social communities that are out there. I really didn't need another reason to get sucked into another online group, but being the social creature that I am, it happened.

So, there you have it. ;)

I'm still using my Orange Personal Original. With these dreary winter days, I love it. Here's what it's looked like this week. (Someone on Instagram commented that they have a lot more written in their's. Trust me, so do I. I photograph them pretty soon after they are decorated. They are much more filled in by the end of the week.)

Aren't those dog stickers cute? My friend, Heather, gave them to me. Love them.

Here's what I used:

Washi- https://www.etsy.com/transaction/152687682?ref=fb2_tnx_image, polka dot- Queen and Co.,
Stickers- Target
Sticky Note- came in an RAK, not sure from where
Card- We R Memory Keepers (Banner Days set) Target
Pens- Staedtler
Cat Paper Clip- Walgreens

In my Green Personal Original this week, I decided to go with a snow theme - pretty appropriate given the weather we've had!


For this spread, I pulled out some old Carta Bella scrapbooking supplies. I cut the card from one of the papers and added the cute silhouette stickers.

 Stickers- http://www.emmaspaperie.com/product-p/stickerscbwf7011.htm
Washi- Recollections from Michael's
Pen- Staedtler

Finally, I leave you with my system for keeping track of which photos I'll use for my PL spreads. It's not very complicated. :) I've been really far behind and am finally almost all caught up. What I'd been doing is jotting daily notes on my pages (See Monday above). Then, when I needed the pics, I'd scroll through my phone and make note of which ones I'd use. Here's my most recent notes.



Now, I'm ahead of the game. I am editing my daily photo each night and jotting it down in my FF. That way, at the end of the week when I go to do my spread, I'm ready to go. Wish me luck. If you have another way of keeping up with this let me know.

Oh, also, came across this up and coming site yesterday. Looks like it will be fun for all of the people who do PL. You can like the FB page to stay updated on their latest news. Here's what they have to say about themselves...



We are busting a the seams to share with you this new community, exclusively for pocket scrapbooking. Tired of your pocket layouts getting lost in the online scrapbooking world? Tired of click, click, clicking through numerous websites to find inspiration or tips and tricks? Are you NEW to the wonderful world of pocket scrapbooking and you want ONE place to start? Have you been using pocket scrapbooking for years and want a place where you fit in? Look no further! The Pocket Source will provide you with a Member Gallery full of only pocket scrapbooking layouts, a community forum for discussing everything and anything for pocket scrapbooking, a team of bloggers who will blow your mind with new ideas 5 days a week, and much much more. Stay tuned for our big site launch in February.

https://www.facebook.com/ThePocketSource

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

T.A. Helton said...

Your pages are beautiful!

Tammi said...

I love the idea of your Filofax and how you decorate it! Can you please share which inserts you use? I would also use it for blogging/scrapbooking